Technician-Plumber (Day Shift)
Pay Range: $23.48 - $33.42 per hour
This position is responsible for performing plumbing installations, repairs and maintenance throughout the enterprise by personally performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Inspects and repairs leaking pipes, faucets and fixtures in restrooms, kitchens, deli or other internal and external enterprise locations.
- Locates and marks the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fitures in structures, using measusing instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Measures, cuts, threads, and bends pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Installs pipe assemblies, fittings, valves applicances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years of plumbing trade experience required.
- Must possess a valid AZ driver's license and clean driving record for the past five (5) years.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telelphone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and documentation skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.