Technician-Painter *Includes $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Applicants*
Pay Range: $23.48 - $28.45 per hour
This position is responsible for the appearance of the inside and outside of all enterprise properties through the regular painting of facilities, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service to both internal and external guest service.
- Reads and review all work orders or receives instructions from supervisors in order to determine work requirements.
- Walks the property on a regular basis to ascertain necessary painting needs.
- Covers surfaces with drop cloths and or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Ensures that paint lines are cut-in in a linear fashion while creating a skilled and professional appearance regarding finished product.
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Applies primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
- Applies Spray, roll and brush proper pain, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to equipment, buildings, bridges, and/or other structures, using brushes, spray guns, and /or rollers.
- Calculates amounts of required materials based on surface measurements and/or work orders and obtains necessary materials.
- Performs drywall repairs and replacements as well as surface texturing in all forms.
- Safely erects scaffolding and swing gates, or sets up ladders, to work above ground level.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, door knobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Washes and treats surfaces with oil, turpentine, mildew remover, or other preparations, and sands rough spots to ensure that finishes will adhere properly.
- Mixes and matches colors of paint, stain, or varnish with oil and thinning and drying additives in order to obtain desired colors and consistencies.
- Ensures neat and orderly work areas, while also leaving affected work areas neat after project completion.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position requires a five year Motor Vehicle Report report to be submitted at the time of interview.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years professional commercial painting experience.
- Knowledge and experience using all paint related equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in the safe and appropriate use of paint, varnish, caulking, thinners, and other paint related chemicals.
- Must possess a valid AZ drivers license with clean driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4f3247c3-2342-414f-b30b-a9097022c4d6