Technician-Carpenter *Includes $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Applicants*
Pay Range: $23.48 - $28.45 per hour
This position is responsible for performing carpentry related projects throughout the enterprise by personally performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for remodeling offices and workspaces as assigned including demolition, framing, installing drywall, taping, texturing and painting.
- Builds and installs cabinets to specifications, finishing them to match surroundings.
- Replaces lexon tops in cages to specifications.
- Orders and maintains all necessary supplies and materials, keeping to pre-established budgets.
- Ensures that projects are completely safely and on-time.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made too enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years carpentry trade experience required.
- Must possess a valid AZ driver's license and a clean driving record for the past five (5) years.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise policies and procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.