Steward Manager (Santan Mountain)
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position is responsible for managing the stewarding team. Oversees the back of the house kitchen cleaning and sanitation of busy restaurants; banquet set-up/break-down; maintain inventory and pars for kitchen and banquet equipment of food under the direction of the Executive Sous Chef, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Oversees daily operations in the stewarding department to ensure that departmental strategic goals are exceeding expectations.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Oversees property hiring and recruitment initiatives
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Assists in reviewing monthly department P&L and budget. Analyze and address areas of concern and define plans for improvement. Communicates with stewarding management to implement changes and plans of action.
- Responsible for walk-through inspections of all F&B areas.
- Working knowledge of various cleaning chemicals and agents; knowledge of MSDS sheets and procedures.
- Organizational skills to function effectively with attention to detail while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to establish guidelines for proper staffing to maximize efficiency and minimize labor costs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment; maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude; ability to deal effectively with guests, management, team members and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Assist in purchasing function as needed.
- Assists with coordinating and communicating with all outside vendors and services, including Health Department.
- Communicates with department team members, offers notification of all policies and standards, and ensures that proper health code requirements are maintained.
- Assist with inventory processes that are based on first-in-first-out principles while maintaining proper par levels for all dishware in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing Pathways Mentorship Program participants to successfully transition to management level positions.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in Food & Beverage management required.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with guest, Listen actively to our guest and Appreciate our guest
- Must possess excellent guest service skills and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.