Steward *Includes $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Applicants*
Pay Range: $18.00 - $24.20 per hour
This position participates in the detail and completion of the maintenance of the casino including sweeping, mopping, cleaning and organizing food and hospitality areas. This team member may assist with banquet set-up relating to the set-up of tables, chairs, and other preparations related to catering and food service by performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Completes all duties and tasks assigned.
- Ensures highest sanitation levels for all items previously used so that they may be used again in clean condition, free of any contamination risk.
- Utilizes and implements M.S.D.S. criteria, food and product safety, and Food & Beverage Policies & Procedures.
- Removes all trash and maintains loading and receiving areas in safe and clean condition.
- Cleans and sanitizes all food service areas and equipment.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: ec16238c-6103-423f-bb39-bf85fd3543dc