Specialty Restaurant Manager - Shula's Steakhouse
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position provides oversight to all levels of restaurant(s) to ensure profitable operation, optimum guest satisfaction and return visits by performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Promotes and provides guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for all aspects of the effective management of restaurant operation within a casino environment.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans. Prepare and complete action plans, implement production, productivity, quality, and guest service standards; resolve problems, identify trends; determine system improvements and implement positive change.
- Enhance department and overall business reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to accomplishments.
- Foster teamwork. Lead, direct, mentor and guide supervisors.
- Actively coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor team in meeting company standards.
- Oversee all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment.
- Maximize profitability by ensuring portion control.
- Protect branded concepts through audits and compliance processes.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior management experience in restaurant operation required.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly and calculate basic math function as they relate to point-of-sale cash/credit transactions and product inventory.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest; Appreciate our guest.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 00725a05-3872-43d5-92d5-8b5d359e990e