Sous Chef- Prime- Fine Restaurant Dining (Wild Horse Pass)
Salary: Depending On Experience (DOE)
This position will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in meeting the enterprises quality standards. The Sous Chef will actively and independently manage all aspect of employee relations to ensure a positive harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment within the kitchen area under the supervision of the Executive Chef, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for management of the assigned kitchen operation
- Ensures training of assigned shift kitchen staff is conducted in a timely manner. The incumbent also communicates with all shift employees to help them understand their job descriptions and company policies.
- Review all sanitation and production charts for the kitchen operation.
- Maintains fiscal controls for profit and loss purposes.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree with major concentration in food preparation, management, nutrition or related field preferred.
- Prior experience in a professional training through a culinary education or working in a fast-paced high-volume fine dining restaurant/catering facility, full service casual dining preferred.
- Must have various experience levels in volume feeding, ala carte, fine dining, catering, baking and pastry, and purchasing storage and handling required.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.