Pay Range: $18.50 - $24.20 per hour
This position is responsible for the protection of the enterprise, its assets, employees and guests. It is a state level certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) position that provides medical assessment and treatment at the basic life support level to guests and employees who request or are in need of assistance under direction of the Security Supervisor or Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets guests and performs identification checks of all individuals who appear to be under the age of 21.
- Maintains a visible presence at all assigned posts to assist guest, while safeguarding the property, its assets, employees and guests.
- Performs escorts of guests, employees and vendors upon request.
- Assists all guest who may appear to be intoxicated to ensure that they exit the enterprise in a safe manner for themselves, other guests and employees, making appropriate arrangements for their safe travel.
- Provides emergency medical treatment to employees and guests who are injured or taken ill while on the casino grounds by performing initial and ongoing patient assessment techniques while determining patient history and assessing patient response to determine necessary interventions.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Prior security experience preferred.
- Must have a current AZ State EMT Basic and CPR certifications and two or more years of experience as an Emergency Medical Technician preferred.
- Must have the ability to successfully complete an EMT refresher course, as required for state approval.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3334a74d-04c9-4c56-8c90-f7711422f656