Pay Range $16.50 - $20.57 per hour
This position performs duties and responsibilities relative to recording and communicating information resulting from incidents and observations that daily to ensure safeguarding of all enterprise assets, both physical and fiscal, and to provide a safe environment for employees and guests, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Monitors and controls the computerized DSX System for security purposes (employee card access, gate control, roll-up door, automatic door locks, door alarm monitoring, and panic alarms).
- Through the operation of the dispatch console, transmits instructions and information which includes, but is not limited to: security escort services (vendors, guests, assets, keys, etc.), medical emergencies, guest or employee assistance, and sensitive key removal. Coordination and communication, by radio, is maintained with security, surveillance, facilities, and others.
- Records all radio transmission and other pertinent information on dispatch logs.
- Coordinates all required activities and emergency response procedures with the surveillance department.
- Monitors activities of guests and employees in non-gaming areas.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Prior security officer experience preferred.
- Experience in monitoring Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) preferred.
- Training in first aid and/or CPR procedures preferred.
- Must have the ability to remain calm and to act responsibly in emergency situations.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment and must agree to maintain a drug free workplace.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and pass a full background check to be certified/licensed.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3a1a4644-189a-4ef2-90e7-aff6a089b996