Restaurant Assistant Manager - FullHouse Café (Vee Quiva)
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position assists with providing oversight to all levels of restaurant(s) to ensure profitable operation, optimum guest satisfaction, and return visits by performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for all aspects of the effective management of restaurant operation within a casino environment.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendation to strategic plans. Prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and guest-service standards; resolve problems; identify trends; determine system improvements and implement positive change.
- Assist with actively coaching, counseling, directing, training and mentoring team in meeting company standards.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Ensure total compliance with all alcohol service policies. Will effectively and compliantly address all alcohol service or compliance issue immediately.
- Ensure Point of Sales Systems (POS) are in working order. Audit for accuracy of Payment Card (PCI) compliance, charges, and cash handling procedures.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in restaurant operations required.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly and calculate basic math functions as they relate to point-of-sale/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.