Reservationist - Prime
Pay Range: $12.75 - $18.15 per hour
This position is responsible for handling guest inquiries and lead requests for groups to secure and service social restaurant business for Shula's operation. Process any agreements, documents, guest requests and other related booking as required. Works with guests to align guest preferences with restaurant needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive guest loyalty, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Communicate daily reservations utilizing the Open Table system by email, phone and in-person.
- Understand and maintain a proper amount of reservations to best control the flow of business., facilitating best practices for the dining room and kitchen success.
- Promote a successful relationship with local and out-of-area companies to promote group reservations for the outlet.
- Maintain detailed records and files for group reservation through email.
- Communicate regularly with contact individuals of group events booked.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in Food Service or in working in fast-paced, high volume fine dining, casual, and/or nightclub is preferred.
- Must have high urgency, high energy, and positive, enthusiastic, self-driven, accountable and dependable.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.