Pay Rate: $8.50 - $10.529 per hour plus tips
This position provides ultimate hospitality for guests in a resort environment by performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Answers menu or beverage questions posed by guests.
- Maintains knowledge of the food menu and any special items being offered.
- Observes guests and anticipates needs and completes all steps of service as assigned.
- Provides quick, attentive, friendly and professional service to casino guests while communicating in a clear and concise manner.
- Accurately records all sales in the POS system.
- Ensures food items are picked up and served immediately upon availability from the kitchen, bar, or other, as ordered by the guest or ensures the quality and presentation meets or exceeds the expectations of the guest.
- Performs proper table maintenance and buses tables when necessary during peak periods.
- Ensures cleanliness of pool area when necessary and complies with all alcohol awareness and service policies and procedures with regard to alcohol service.
- Ensures and collects appropriate guest payment for food and beverage service.
- Maintains a professional and tidy appearance at all times.
- Communicates in a positive, respectful manner to both internal and external guests.
- Builds and maintains knowledge of food and beverage offerings to ensure all questions answered appropriate and accurately.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position currently has no supervisor responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Experience working in a fast-paced, pool area, casual food service, and/or nightclub is preferred.
3. Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly and calculate basic math functions as they relate to point-of-sale cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
4. In-depth wine and alcohol knowledge preferred.
5. Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest
6. Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
7. Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
8. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guest and fellow team members.
9. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
10. This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.