Pay Rate: $15.00 - $21.35 per hour plus tips
This position will assist the pool servers in cleaning, resetting tables and keeping the side stations clean and stocked as well as performing the following duties and demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Greet guests with a warm smile, maintain eye contact, and communicate in a professional and pleasant demeanor. Treat all guests with maximum courtesy.
- Support pool servers by running food and drinks as instructed by teammates including culinary, pool server, bartender, manager, etc.
- Consistently maintains clean and safe work area for guest, self and other team members.
- Maintain a clean, hygienic, and organized work environment including fully stocking supplies, cleaning menus, glassware and dishware, and sanitizing tables, etc.
- Clears and cleans tables, chairs, counters and surrounding areas in a discrete manner.
- Prepare basic, non-alcoholic beverages such as coffee, water, iced tea, etc.
- Interacts pleasantly with all guests, while responding quickly to special requests.
- Stock towels in work area with proper concentration of sanitizing solution.
- Maintains a professional and tidy appearance at all times. Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position currently has no supervisor responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in a busser/food runner capacity preferred. Prior experience within a five star hotel brand preferred.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guest and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.