Pool Manager (Wild Horse Pass)
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position oversees the operation of two swimming pool areas and oversees all facets of the outlets. The manager must maintain and control a high level of guest service. This is achieved by ensuring consistent and thoughtful service, demonstrated by the pool staff and by performing the following duties as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for all aspects of the effective management of the pool area within a resort environment.
- Greet guests with a warm smile, maintain eye contact, and communicate in a professional and pleasant demeanor. Treat all guests with maximum courtesy.
- Be proactive, responsive, and anticipate guest needs prior to and throughout the stay. Answer all questions for guests.
- Maintain composure with difficult guests in demanding situations.
- Responsible for resolving guest concerns or disputes. Notify security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, and/or alleged thefts.
- Foster teamwork. Lead, direct, mentor and guide pool team members.
- Actively coach, council, direct, train and mentor team members in meeting company standards.
- Maintain an organized, clean and presentable environment. Maintain constant awareness of sanitation, safety and accident prevention.
- Ensure total compliance with all alcohol service policies. Will effectively and compliantly address all alcohol service or compliance issues immediately.
- Work closely with Player Development services and beverage team to ensure guests are receiving the highest level of service possible.
- Be prepared and knowledgeably to answer any questions your cabana guests may ask about offerings at the pool and inside the resort.
- Assist with inventory for ordering of supplies and ensure cabanas are set up prior to opening each day.
- Attend training and retain knowledge covered in sessions.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing Pathways Mentorship Program participants to successfully transition to management levels.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior management experience in pool and/or hotel operation preferred.
- Excellent leadership skills, high energy demeanor, service passion, team player, and detailed oriented required.
- Knowledge of food & beverage service, cost control, labor control, maintenance and accounting preferred.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows: Greet our guest, Interact positively with guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guest and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.