Poker ChipRunner/Cashier *Includes $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Applicants*
Pay Range: $17.00 per hour plus tips
This position provides guest relations and services to guests desiring to sign up for and participate in a card game. This position is also responsible for conducting monetary transactions and accounting for completed transactions, by personally performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Identifies, establishes and inspires guests to sign up and participate in table games.
- Efficiently runs chips for both guests and dealers.
- Calls guests to the poker room in a professional and friendly manner.
- Runs the board, making interest checks and call downs to start new games.
- Seats new guests at games of their choice by properly managing guest lists.
- Advertises available seats in the poker room in an effort to increase player participation.
- Ability to acknowledge guests during busy times to ensure they will be handled quickly and in a professional manner, which includes initial greetings, eye contact, and positive attitude.
- Ability to effectively and professionally answer telephones, take messages and pages and deliver them to guests and team members in an efficient and professional manner.
- Must maintain a working knowledge of all promotional events and be able to communicate them to guests.
- Verifies cash/chips at the completion of counts (Poker tables, tips).
- Prepares and verifies all tip tax deposits if necessary.
- Performs cash strap 100 bill quantities verifications and countdowns at beginning of work shift and during work shift when necessary.
- Performs accurate data input and error corrections into computer logs.
- Safeguards casino bankroll and maintains an accurate accountability of all funds in the cashier drawer.
- Verifies documents and paperwork to ensure it is completed correctly.
- Receive and/or disperse tournament entry fees.
- Maintains basic to intermediate knowledge in identifying counterfeit currency and fake identification.
- Safeguards all casino assets in accordance with established policies and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, follow up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.