Maintenance Mechanic II *Includes $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Applicants*
Pay Range: $16.00-$19.36 per hour
This position is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe casino environment for guests and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements all projects and assignments as directed by the maintenance supervisor.
- Makes Daily tours of all work and public areas, addressing maintenance issues and/or reporting findings to the maintenance supervisor.
- Makes repairs to water closets, urinals, faucets and other plumbing fixtures.
- Changes lamps and fluorescent light tubes on light fixtures.
- Repairs electrical receptacles, switches, and light ballasts.
- Changes HVAC system filters and performs maintenance on exhaust fans as required.
- Repairs furniture, doors, windows, cabinets, and assist with the cleaning of vents.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred with at least six months mechanical and/or building maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of plumbing fixture repair methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic electricity and various types of lighting fixtures.
- Knowledge of various aspects of maintenance service.
- Experience in working with hand tools, power tools, and electrical testing equipment.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.