Maintenance Mechanic I *Includes $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Applicants*
Pay Range: $15.00 - $18.15 Per Hour
This position is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe casino environment for patrons and employees by personally performing the following duties. Undertakes all responsibilities in a manner intended to reduce employee turnover while continually improving customer service and opinions, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Makes repairs to water closets, urinals, faucets and other plumbing fixtures.
- Changes lamps and fluorescent light tubes on light fixtures.
- Changes HVAC system filters and performs maintenance on exhaust fans as required.
- Responsible to assist with the upkeep, refurbishment and maintenance of all building systems including the execution of preventative maintenance schedules.
- Assist in the operation of any emergency (fire and/or bomb) plan.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and at least six months maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of plumbing fixture repair methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic electricity and various types of lighting fixtures.
- Knowledge of various aspects of maintenance service.
- Experience in working with hand tools, power tools, and electrical testing equipment.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilites.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.