Guest Service Agent *Includes $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Applicants*
Pay Range: $18.00 - $25.62 per hour
This position serves as the most critical point of contact for our hotel guests during their arrivals and departures from the hotel, primarily by performing check-in and check-out at and near the hotel entrance and guest reception areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides an unsurpassed level of pleasant service to all guests during each interaction through a consistently energized, positive and optimistic behavioral style.
- Greets and welcomes guests upon arrival with a friendly and sincere welcome while utilizing a positive and clear speaking voice, listens to and understands requests, and responds with answers meeting the reasonable needs and desires of guests.
- Completes the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from the computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate.
- Makes appropriate selection of room(s) based on guest reservation information and desired room rates(s).
- Provides welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Verifies and imprints credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods.
- Handles cash, makes change, and balances an assigned house bank while accurately maintaining and accounting for all cash, check and credit transactions.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED or one (1) year of guest facing and interaction experience, preferably in a hotel setting or hospitality related business environment.
- Must have basic computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.