Fine Dining Assistant Manager
Salary: Depending On Experience (DOE)
This position assists with providing oversight to the Prime restaurant to ensure profitable operation, optimum guest satisfaction, and return visits by performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for all aspects of the effective management of Prime restaurant’s operation.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans. Prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and guest-service standards; resolve problems; identify trends; determine system improvements and implement positive change.
- Assist with enhancing the department and overall business reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to accomplishments.
- Assist with fostering teamwork. Lead, direct, mentor and guide supervisors.
- Assist with actively coaching, counseling, directing, training and mentoring team in meeting company standards.
- Assist with overseeing all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Ensure total compliance with all alcohol service policies. Will effectively and compliantly address all alcohol service or compliance issues immediately.
- Maximize profitability by ensuring portion control.
- Monitor food handling, cash handling and work safety compliance. Monitor product quality to ensure high level of guest service.
- Ensure Point of Sale Systems (POS) are in working order. Audit for accuracy of Payment Card (PCI) compliance, charges, and cash handling procedures.
- Protect branded concepts through audits and compliance processes.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing Pathways Mentorship Program participants to successfully transition to management level positions.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises multiple employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in restaurant operation required.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly and calculate basic math functions as they relate to point-of-sale cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with guest, Listen actively to our guest, and Appreciate our guest.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guest and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.