Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
We are seeking a service-oriented, passionate, hard-working individual that has an excitement for people and hospitality. Gila River Resorts & Casinos is a rapidly growing enterprise looking for an efficient, self motivated individual with exceptional interpersonal skills, keen attention to detail and hyper-organization that thrives in a high paced paced environment. The position is an integral part of our event & banquet operations team and is responsible for performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and communicating the execution of all aspects of booked group business
- Detail groups booked by the sales team to include food and beverage details, creation of custom menus, meeting room set-ups with diagramming, WIFI & broadband details
- Responsible for preparing and detailing diagrams, group resumes and banquet event orders for each group
- Effectively explain the features, benefits, capabilities and limitations of all meeting facilities, flexible function spaces, F&B outlets, hospitality and services in order to assist clients
- Maintains accurate information and revenues in Delphi at all times to ensure accurate forecasting
- Ensures & practices effective communication with clients at all times through
- Work closely with all departments across the enterprise to ensure the smooth execution of all events
- Develops cooperative interaction and teamwork with all departments throughout the Enterprise
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other tasks and special projects assigned by the Corporate Director of Event Services
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities, but directly influences enterprise employees in their performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of two years combined experience in event management pertaining to catering, banquets, meeting planning and/or event logistics. Must have experience working in the systems Delphi & Opera
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including public speaking
- Excellent time management, hyper-detailed organization and planning skills
- Critical thinker, master problem solver, self-motivated task master
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word and diagramming programs such as Social Tables or Delphi Diagrams
- Considerable knowledge of food and beverage products including preparation and seasonality
- Maintain a current knowledge of industry & F&B trends, local product offerings
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Able to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet Our Guest, Interact Positively with our Guest, Listen Actively to our Guest and Appreciate Our Guest
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.