Cook I - WHP
Pay Range: $17.50 - $21.18 per hour
We are hiring for an awesome opportunity to join our banquet operations team.
This position is responsible for the proper preparation and execution of food items required in all banquet events, including breakfasts, luncheons, dinner and special events according to GRGE standards. Performs food prep, cooking, carving and/or other buffet stations duties. The environment is fast paced & high volume.
At times, this position may also perform duties related to preparation of food and beverage items prepared to support our restaurant outlets and team member dining rooms, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests
- Able to work in a fast paced & high volume operation
- Possesses a positive & team oriented attitude
- Responsible to follow and prepare food items that are consistent with standardized recipes and preparation methods
- Performs food prep, cooking, carving and/or other buffet station duties
- Maintains a neat and orderly food preparation environment & tidy work station
- Familiar with sanitation practices & proper food handling
- Maintains knowledge of good costs of items being prepped
- Performs job responsibilities in a manner that minimizes waste an improved financial performance
- Ensures the highest quality of food preparation and presentation at all times
- Maintains correct PAR levels in the banquet inventory
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
This position does not hold direct supervisory responsibilities but does hold influencing responsibility in areas related to cooking functions.
- Professional training through a culinary education OR past experience working in a fast-paced high volume restaurant/catering facility, full service casual dining required
- Must be familiar with common culinary terms and methods regarding broiling, braising, roasting, poaching, sauce preparation and meat carving among other methods.
- Ability to operate a broad range of kitchen equipment including stoves, broilers, deep fryers and other food preparation equipment, and uses hand tools, knives and other related small wares.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 0409c87c-99a2-4d19-9246-9ec3cbc3ef31