Cook I TDR (Wild Horse Pass)
Pay Range: $17.50 - $21.18 per hour
This position is responsible for preparing all types of hot and cold food items in the dining areas of the enterprise, This position also performs duties related to preparation of food and beverage items prepared in the restaurant outlets and team member dining rooms, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for providing high quality, fresh hot and cold food items using standardized recipes and methods for preparation.
- Maintains a neat and orderly food preparation environment by cleaning in a timely manner immediately following preparation.
- Maintains knowledge of good costs and performs job responsibilities in a manner that minimizes waste an improved financial performance.
- Sample food prepared to ensure highest quality level at all times.
- Maintains correct PAR levels.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
This position does not hold direct supervisory responsibilities but does hold influencing responsibility in areas related to cooking functions.
- Professional training through a culinary education or working in a fast-paced high volume restaurant/catering facility, full service casual dining required.
- Must be familiar with common culinary terms and methods regarding broiling, braising, roasting, poaching, sauce preparation and meat carving among other methods.
- Ability to operate a broad range of kitchen equipment including stoves, broilers, deep fryers and other food preparation equipment, and uses hand tools, knives and other related small wares.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.