Concierge *Includes $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Applicants*
Pay Range: $18.00 - $25.62 per hour
This position assists hotel guest with personal services. May take messages, arrange or give advise on transportation, dining, business services or entertainment, or monitor guest requests for housekeeping and maintenance as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes dining and other reservations for guests, and obtain tickets for events.
- Provides information about local features such as shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations
- Makes travel arrangements for sightseeing and other tours.
- Receives, stores, and delivers luggage and mail.
- Performs office duties on a temporary basis when needed.
- Picks up and delivers items, or runs errands for guests.
- Carries out unusual requests such as searching for hard-to-find items and arranging for activities.
- Arranges for the replacement of items lost by travelers.
- Arranges for interpreters or translators when patrons require such services.
- Plans special events, parties and meeting which may include booking musicians and celebrities to appear.
- Maintains Concierge Log/Database with guest activities arraigned by the concierge.
- Assists with Valet responsibilities when coverage is needed.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED or one (1) year of concierge experience or customer facing and interaction experience preferably in a hotel/resort type setting.
- Must possess strong attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, strong organizational skills, telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of patrons, employees, and fellow staff members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have basic computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol test and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a full background check to be certified/licensed prior to employment. Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.