Complex Food Outlet Manager (Santan Mountain)
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position provides oversight to all levels of restaurant(s) and Food Court(s) to ensure profitable operation, optimum guest satisfaction, and return visits by performing the following duties as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for all aspects of the effective management of the restaurant and food court operation within a casino environment.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendation to strategic plans. Prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and guest-service standards; resolve problems; identify trends; determine system improvements and implement positive change.
- Enhance department and overall business reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to accomplishments.
- Foster teamwork. Lead, direct, mentor and guide assistant managers, supervisors and team members.
- Actively coach, council, direct, train and mentor team members in meeting company standards.
- Oversee all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Ensure total compliance with all alcohol service policies. Will effectively and compliantly address all alcohol service or compliance issues immediately.
- Maximize profitability by ensuring portion control.
- Monitor food handling, cash handling and work safety compliance. Monitor product quality to ensure high level of guest service.
- Be able to prep and cook when needed with all menu items.
- Ensure Point of Sale Systems (POS) are in working order. Audit for accuracy of Payment Card (PCI) compliance, charges, and cash handling procedures.
- Protect branded concepts through audits and compliance processes.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing Pathways Mentorship Program participants to successfully transition to management levels.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior management experience in restaurant operation preferred.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly and calculate basic math functions as they relate to point-of-sale cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with guest, Listen actively to our guest and Appreciate our guest.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guest and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.