Cage Cashier *Includes $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Applicants*
Pay Range: $16.15 - $22.99 per hour plus tips
This position is responsible for accurately redeeming and processing various cash instruments for both internal and external guests including conducting transactions and accounting for all cage assets by performing the following duties in the Front line, Poker, Retail, JP/Fill Bank, and Vault, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Verifies funds as required while in assigned duty.
- Able to perform duties as required for each position.
- Complies with enterprise and departmental policies and procedures, protocols including strict key control, safety regulations, uniform requirement, cash and/or coin handling and other operating procedures.
- Complies with federal cash reporting requirements for cash and other negotiable instruments.
- Performs the majority of tasks with computing and electronic equipment and various computer applications.
- Accurately performs and maintains accountability of all transactions conducted with corresponding paperwork and take responsibilities of any resulting overages and/or shortages.
- Accurately counts down banks.
- Perform the following Vault duties:
- Conduct shift buys/Rolling Bank issuance, returns and preparation for cashiers.
- Verifies cash/chips at the completion of counts (BJ, Poker, Slots, Retail Outlets, Spectra and Team Member Tips)
- Prepares and verifies all tip tax deposits.
- Performs cash strap (100 bill quantities) ve1ifications and countdowns at beginning of work shift and during work shift.
- Performs repetitive and accurate cash-on-hand verifications.
- Performs accurate data input and error c01Tections into computer logs.
- Safeguards casino bankroll and maintains an accurate accountability of all funds in the vault.
- Conducts mobile cart /pouch issuance and returns for slots.
- Prepares the daily bank deposits which consists of checks, traveler's checks, cash and coin.
- Receives bank shipments and ensures all funds received are verified.
- Verify and secure unclaimed JP/Promotions, found tickets, cash, cash advance and check cashing receipts, redeemed scrips and promotional coupons/vouchers.
- Responsible to ensure currency/coin levels are maintained to operate the site.
- Verifies documents and paperwork from cashier to ensure completed correctly.
- Responsible to ensure currency and coin levels are maintained to operate the site.
- Filling Gaming and Jackpot kiosk cassettes.
- Receive and/or disperse tournament entry fees.
- Maintains basic to intermediate knowledge in identifying counterfeit currency, fraudulent checks, fake identification and credit card fraud.
- Attends trainings and meetings to obtain information needed for performing duties.
- Maintains confidentiality with all casino related information including operational data and procedures.
- Safeguards all casino assets in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains and promotes an effective, efficient, safe and clean work environment.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience as a cashier handling large volumes of currency or other negotiable instruments preferred.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows;
- Greet our guest
- Interact positively with our guest
- Listen actively to our guest
- Appreciate our guest
- Must possess strong attention to detail and excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 28cd7ebc-e965-43e6-af24-f08239902f0b