Pay Rate: $15.00 - $18.15 per hour plus tips
This position is responsible for welcoming guests to the pools, responding to all guest requests, booking reservations, seating guest in assigned cabana rentals and assisting guests with Food and Beverage requests. This role will also be responsible for providing exceptional guest service and proactively seek opportunities to enhance guest satisfaction through positive interactive skills and by performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Complete daily setup of rentals, escort guests and assist them with their requests throughout the day and complete pool turndown services.
- Greet guests with a warm smile, maintain eye contact, and communicate in a professional and pleasant demeanor. Treat all guests with maximum courtesy.
- Be proactive, responsive, and anticipate guest needs prior to and throughout the stay. Answer all questions for guests.
- Maintain composure with difficult guests in demanding situations.
- Responsible for resolving guest concerns or disputes. Notify security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, and/or alleged thefts.
- Maintain an organized, clean and presentable environment. Maintain constant awareness of sanitation, safety and accident prevention.
- Assist with inventory for ordering of supplies and ensure cabanas are set up prior to opening each day.
- Complies with all alcohol awareness and service policies and procedures with regard to alcohol.
- Be prepared and knowledgeably to answer any questions your cabana guests may ask about offerings at the pool and inside the resort.
- Attend training and retain knowledge covered in sessions.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
This position currently has no supervisor responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. Must have excellent guest service skills required.
3. Experience working in a resort pool environment preferred.
4. Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows;
Greet our guest, Interact positively with guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
5. Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
6. Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guest and fellow team members.
8. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
9. This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.