Barista (Wild Horse Pass)
Pay Rate: $15.00-$18.15 per hour
This position is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each guest in a casino environment by performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Prepares or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
- Answers guest questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- Follows all drink recipes and procedures.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume coffee, bar or restaurant is preferred.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly and calculate basic math functions as they relate to point-of-sale, cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.