Banquet Set-up *Includes $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Applicants*
Pay Range: $10.50 - $12.71 per hour plus tips
This position is responsible for the set-up service, clean-up of all assigned banquet functions and performs the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Enterprises standards and regularities to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Inspects the set-up of meeting and banquet functions, checking them against the Banquet Event Order.
- In-charge of ensuring meeting specifics are set to the clients requirements on the Banquet Event Order.
- Overseeing the set-up within all viable event spaces which include and are not limited to event spaces, outdoor event venues and theatre/Showroom.
- Responsible for set-up of all indoor/outdoor banquet functions which includes and not limited to tables, chairs, linens, staging, dancefloors, water & beverage stations and banquet bars
- Assist the Banquet Manager with maintaining current PAR levels for linen & meeting supplies.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume banquet or event set-up position.
- In-depth experience on proper banquet sets.
- Possesses a positive and team oriented attitude.
- Must be able to lift/push 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, squat when needed.
- Must be able to work long hours that require moving at a fast pace on ones feet.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and prioritize what tasks need to be completed first
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral to assist when assisting clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.