Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position will actively oversee all aspects of the Banquet Department by performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
Responsible for all aspects of the effective management of the business operations within a casino environment.
Ensures total compliance with all alcohol service policies, if applicable. Monitors alcohol service throughout event to assure 100% compliance with Alcohol Service policies. Effectively and compliantly addresses any alcohol service or compliance issues immediately.
Responsible for hiring, training, developing, managing, and mentoring of Banquet staff.
Manages employees on the proper instructions on food handling, cash handling and work safety rules.
Responsible for troubleshooting technical problems with Point of Sale systems, from both a hardware and software perspective.
Responsible for supervising the opening, closing and balancing of any and all accounting practices, as necessary.
- Participates in new employee orientation and schedules Tribal Gaming Office orientations for new employees.
Generates employee schedules and verifies employee time.
Responsible for the management of events from set-up to tear down, including handling all communication with hourly staff, culinary staff and guests.
Responsible for end of month reports and inventory.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing Pathways Mentorship Program participants to successfully transition to management level positions.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior management experience in event, catering, banquets or menu development required.
- Must have exceptional food & beverage service skills of the highest standards.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.