Banquet Bartender *Includes $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Applicants*
Pay Range: $7.50 - $9.08 per hour plus tips
This position provides ultimate hospitality for guests in a casino environment while ensuring all laws and regulations with respect to the safe and responsible service of alcoholic beverages are strictly adhered to and by performing the following duties, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Answers menu questions posed by guests.
- Maintains knowledge of beverages and any food offerings or special menu items offered.
- Upsells to premium offerings of wine, beer and spirituous liquors.
- Observes guests behavior and cues that could indicate obvious signs of intoxication.
- Provides attentive, friendly and professional service to internal and external guests while communicating in a positive, respectful manner.
- May act in the capacity of a server assistant and ensures food items are picked up and served immediately upon availability from the kitchen.
- Ensures the quality and presentation meet or exceed the expectations of guests.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume bar, restaurant or nightclub is preferred.
- General wine, beer and spirituous liquor knowledge preferred.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.