Assistant Revenue Audit Manager
Salary: Depending on Experience (DOE)
This position is responsible to assist the supervision and training of audit staff who maintain the integrity of the casino gaming operations and assets by performing technical, analytical and detail oriented work concerned with auditing the financial records of the enterprise to ascertain compliance with established internal controls by performing the following tasks personally or through subordinate staff. This position is a progressive step toward the position of Revenue Audit Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Acts as Revenue Audit Manager in his/her absence.
- Supervises and trains audit staff in the collection, organizing, and analyzing of daily financial paperwork from all enterprise gaming operations and non-gaming operations.
Supervises and trains audit staff in auditing documentation to assure that transactions are accurate and valid, including requests, transmittals, jackpots, fills, drops and recaps.
Ensures the smooth operation of the department by coaching and mentoring department staff.
Assures that gaming operations are in compliance with casino internal controls to maintain the integrity and protection of casino assets and reports and investigates any exceptions found.
Prepares monthly and special reports upon request by casino management and other departments including performing summaries, analysis, and reconciliations.
- Undertakes successful steps to increase the number of tribal members employed at casino locations.
Performs period-end procedures for casino operations including reconciling revenue reports, verifying accuracy of the revenue system, and preparing reports.
Ensures enterprise compliance with U.S. Internal Revenue Service codes applicable to gaming operations.
Meets with various departments throughout the enterprise regarding transaction and paperwork accuracy.
Utilizes fact based decision making based on determined evidence.
Prepares work schedules, performance evaluations and other administrative duties.
Ensures the proper filing and storage of accounting paperwork.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Associate's or Bachelor's degree in business/management/finance/accounting preferred. Three (3) years management experience in audit practices, preferably in a casino/gaming environment or three (3) years of increasingly responsible management experience in auditing related roles.
Knowledge and ability to interpret and evaluate internal controls and extensive experience in writing financial and internal control procedures.
Knowledge of accounting and extensive knowledge of gaming software applications.
Demonstrated ability to apply analytical reviews and ability to interpret significant financial data relationships.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9f074287-02c8-4e73-9b5e-d7c1814836ea