Asian Cook Ling & Louie's
Pay Range: $17.50-$21.18 per hour
This position is responsible for preparing Asian food items in the dining areas in accordance with franchise specifications, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Responsible for providing high quality, fresh hot and cold food items using standardized recipes and methods for preparation.
- Maintains a neat and orderly food preparation environment by cleaning in a timely manner immediately following preparation.
- Understands food costs and performs job responsibilities in a manner that minimizes waste and improves performance.
- maintains correct PAR levels.
- Easily adapts to changes in menu preparation and production methods.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
- Professional training/experience through a culinary education or working in a fast-paced high-volume Asian full service or quick serve restaurant.
- Must be familiar with common culinary terms and cooking methods specific to all Asian style cuisine.
- Ability to operate a broad range of kitchen equipment including woks, stoves, broilers, deep fryers and rice cookers, other food preparations equipment and uses hand tools, knives and other related small wares.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Gila River Environmental Health Food Handlers Card, Alcohol Awareness Certification, Blood-Borne Pathogens (BBP) and other required compliance trainings.
- Ability to perform the GILA WAY which is as follows; Greet our guest, Interact positively with our guest, Listen actively to our guest, Appreciate our guest.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette, and be a self-starter with the ability to follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- This position must have, or an ability to acquire within one year, an in-depth knowledge and thorough understanding of Enterprise Policies and Procedures, governmental regulations, and technical rules relevant to their responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, all new hires must pass the following:
Pre-employment Alcohol/Drug Test. This drug test includes the normal seven-panel test, but excludes marijuana for non-safety sensitive positions.
Background check. Applicants who have felonies, warrants, outstanding tickets, shoplifting or theft convictions will be ineligible for employment.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: aedc8886-cce8-4760-b215-05ac1a4f0b91